McKenzie. 18. Books, movies, music, food, places, people.
http://mckchap.tumblr.com/
http://skystroll.tumblr.com/
@KenzChap

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Little Babies!

So I'm just a big kid.
I'm actually really immature.
I'm lazy, I watch cartoons, I can't grasp reality, my best friend is thirteen, I still can't drive, I don't have a job, I have vague plans for the future, my room is messy, I cry over stupid things, my parents still pay for everything I buy, I get excited for birthday parties, I play video games, etc. etc. 
I'm about ten percent teenager. Which is pretty ridiculous, since that's my actual age. 
And I'm about ten percent adult. Just because of my friends.
But, I don't really see why everyone just pretends to be so mature.* Everyone wants to grow up so fast. And I can definitely see the perks to getting out of high school. And driving is good too. But you can still be a kid and be responsible. Granted, most kids aren't very responsible. That's why we should find the balance. If we're just all serious all the time, that's annoying. If we're all ditzy all the time, that's annoying also. Even if we're fun all the time it will get annoying. So we can be serious at the times that it's right and fun when it's not. (Honestly though if we could just cut ditzy out that'd be sweet.) 
Doesn't everyone say they want to still be kids and they miss their childhood? Well then who's to say that we can't all be kids at heart. 
I mean eventually I'll have to get a job and pay for my own stuff. Get solid plans for the future and probably control my emotions better... 
But really, what's so bad about watching cartoons? Reading children's books? Playing video games? 
What's the harm at being immature while doing those things, when you're able to be perfectly mature when it comes to important things? 

Anyways thanks for listening to my rant. This probably makes no sense at all, but I haven't posted anything in awhile. So I figured What the Hell?

*I just find it really annoying how some people think that they're being really mature by having jobs and having a serious plan for the future, but when it actually comes down to some of the issues they're faced with right now, they're at a loss. 
Or when they think they're mature and they then go and hurt someone for no reason. 
I guess everyone can do this at any age... But it still bothers me. 
I probably shouldn't even be talking because I probably do this without even realizing. 


8 comments:

  1. I am thinking I might still be a kid too as I watch cartoons, play video games, have no clue what the future is like or any concept of reality. AND I still live with my mother and she sometimes buys me stuff! Oh and I love parties for birthdays or anything else!

    Anyhow I love this post because you are absolutely right... it is a balance if you let all the kid go life gets boring. If you never incorporate the adult people will look at you funny. I used to always be like oh when I get to this point I will be happy. Then I decided screw it... I am just going to be happy now... all the rest will come in time. And for the love of GOD don't rush growing up... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok finally i can post-couldn't do it at work. I hear the jist of this kenz however i have to add there is a fair amount of judgemental crap in here as well. Most of it is judging youself and very little judging others but neither is very useful-however we all partake at times so...
    I do love the idea that there is nothing wrong with enjoying the place you are in. You are there for a reason-soak it up and enjoy. Just remember that others are in very different places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ya Beck.

    and Tadd: I get that it's pretty judgmental, but I have to judge myself. Like I just can't ever think about people ever...? It's going to happen. And I'm going to make generalizations. It's probably not nice, but it's just something that happens. And if it ends up being true, then whatever. And if it's not then I'm wrong. And it's not like I'm taking huge groups of people and saying that they all do this. I'm saying that some of them are. That leaves tons or room for the people that are at different places. And everyone judges. It's just an instinct that comes with being human. However much we'd like to say we don't judge, we do. We can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hear you kenz
    i agree and disagree
    ideals are acheivable
    ok a note-you know that gandhi was totally non-violence, right?
    ok there is a great quote from world war two that he made to the english people:
    " appeal for cessation of hostilities ... because war is bad in essence. You want to kill Nazism. Your soldiers are doing the same work of destruction as the Germans. The only difference is that perhaps yours are not as thorough as the Germans ... I venture to present you with a nobler and a braver way, worthy of the bravest soldiers. I want you to fight Nazism without arms or ... with non-violent arms. I would like you to lay down the arms you have as being useless for saving you or humanity. You will invite Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini to take what they want of the countries you call your possessions. Let them take possession of your beautiful island, with your many beautiful buildings. You will give all these but neither your souls, nor your minds. If these gentlemen choose to occupy your homes, you will vacate them. If they do not give you free passage out, you will allow yourself, man, woman and child, to be slaughtered, but you will refuse to owe allegiance to them "

    Radical right-give in and let them kill you-but that is the path of total non violence. Ok i am just using that as an example. God tells us-"do not judge". Can it be done?

    No idea. Sorry so preachy just that judging never helps and judging yourself is the worst.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd rather be violent than give in, sorry.

    And I'm sorry that you think I'm so judgmental.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Defensive, defensive. I don't think it's your judging... Just let people in, or at least hear them out. No need to defend yourself to the ones you love, or that love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. kenz i don't think you are soooo judgemental

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess we are all different. I am 14 and I can't stop talking about how you are all part of a systematicly corrupted generation,and meditate every day.

    ReplyDelete